Knickels Mock Draft
1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
-The Browns have a need at QB, but they can do that with the 12th pick. Now they should take the best player in the draft.
2. San Francisco 49ers: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
-Newly hired GM John Lynch makes his first big off-season move by drafting their QB of the future.
3. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
-I think Jamal Adams (LSU) would be a better pick here, but Chicago has been heavily in contact with Allen, including pro day meetings and private workouts. Allen would be a great fit in Chicago’s 3-4 scheme as a DE.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jamal Adams, S, LSU
-Jacksonville is already set at corner with Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye. Adams paired with recently signed Barry Church would form a great defensive backfield.
5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio St.
-The Titans need a corner to replace Jason McCourty, and Lattimore fits in perfectly.
6. New York Jets: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
-I would prefer if the Jets traded down, but in recent years they claim they want to trade down but it never happens. I can see Malik Hooker (Ohio St.) going here, because it’s hard to see the Jets not drafting defense, but he’s too much of a risky pick at this spot.
7. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio St.
-This is a risky pick, with Hooker not being fully recovered from his injuries. However, the Chargers have a dire need at the safety position and Hooker is the best safety in this draft. Although he is listed as healthy to many scouts.
8. Carolina Panthers: Leonard Fournette, RB, Lousiana St.
-Fournette can be the replacement for aging Jonathan Stewart, and would be a great fit in Carolina’s offense.
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
-AJ Green and Williams would form a dangerous duo, because Brandon LaFell isn’t going to cut it.
10. Buffalo Bills: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
-The Bills need a corner like Humphrey that can play opposite of Ronald Darby.
11. New Orleans Saints: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
-New Orleans needs a presence from the inside linebacker position and Foster can provide that if you look past his off-field concerns.
12. Cleveland Browns (from Eagles): Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
-The Browns need a quarterback and Mahomes is worth the reach to fill that need.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
-Thomas stays a Cardinal and can be used at many positions for Arizona. I doubt Thomas falls this far though.
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Vikings): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St.
-Eagles running backs coach Duce Staley told Cook’s grandmother that if Cook is still available at this pick, they’ll pick him, so here he is.
15. Indianapolis Colts: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
-The Colts are in dire need of a pass rusher and Barnett would be a steal if he were to drop this low.
16. Baltimore Ravens: Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
-I see Cam Robinson going here, but with the rumor of Lamp’s agent hinting at the Ravens possibly picking him, and Lamp being regarded as the top o-line prospect, the Western Kentucky product could end up with Baltimore.
17. Washington Redskins: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
-Washington is in need of a running back, and the Stanford product would be a steal at this spot.
18. Tennessee Titans: John Ross, WR, Washington
-Tennessee needs some type of boost in the receiving core, so the fastest man in combine history should work fine.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
-Howard would be the best player available at this point and gives Jameis Winston a good target in the receiving game.
20. Denver Broncos: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
-The Broncos have many needs on offense, but Ramczyk helps fill their need at the tackle position.
21. Detroit Lions: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
-The Lions stay local and get a solid defensive end in Charlton.
22. Miami Dolphins: David Njoku, TE, Miami
-Another local pick here, as the Dolphins get a solid tight end that they’re in need of.
23. New York Giants: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah
-The Giants are always in need of linemen and Bolles or Cam Robinson would be a great pick here.
24. Oakland Raiders: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio St.
-Conley could possibly be a top 10 pick if it wasn’t for his rape accusations. I can see a team like the Raiders taking a chance on him.
25. Houston Texans: T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
-Because who wouldn’t want to see the Watt brothers wreck havoc together?
26. Seattle Seahawks: Obi Melifonwu, S/CB, Conneticut
-The UConn product would be a great safety in Seattle or a lengthy press corner in their defense.
27. Kansas City Chiefs: Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
-Should easily be a top five pick, but with diluted drug test results and with many scouts not sure where to put him, he could fall near here where the Chiefs would know what to do with him.
28. Dallas Cowboys: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
-Charles Harris (Missouri) would be a good pick here too, but either way the Cowboys could use a pass rusher with this pick.
29. Green Bay Packers: Kevin King, Washington
-King gives Green Bay a tall, athletic corner to match up with bigger receivers in the league to help their need in the defensive backfield.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
-Harris would be a steal at this point and Pittsburgh is always looking for pass rushers.
31. Atlanta Falcons: Budda Baker, S, Ohio St.
-Baker would be a great safety to pair with Keanu Neal in the Falcons secondary.
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
-The Saints would get a talented tackle that can play guard and help the Saints o-line.